The administration documentation addresses the ongoing operation and maintenance of MongoDB instances and deployments. This documentation includes both high level overviews of these concerns as well as tutorials that cover specific procedures and processes for operating MongoDB.
You can download this section in PDF form as MongoDB Administration.
- Administration Concepts
Core conceptual documentation of operational practices for managing MongoDB deployments and systems.
- Backup Strategies for MongoDB Systems
- Describes approaches and considerations for backing up a MongoDB database.
- Data Center Awareness
- Presents the MongoDB features that allow application developers and database administrators to configure their deployments to be more data center aware or allow operational and location-based separation.
- Monitoring for MongoDB
- An overview of monitoring tools, diagnostic strategies, and approaches to monitoring replica sets and sharded clusters.
- Administration Tutorials
Tutorials that describe common administrative procedures and practices for operations for MongoDB instances and deployments.
- Configuration, Maintenance, and Analysis
- Describes routine management operations, including configuration and performance analysis.
- Backup and Recovery
- Outlines procedures for data backup and restoration with mongod instances and deployments.
- Administration Reference
- Reference and documentation of internal mechanics of administrative features, systems and functions and operations.